Friday, April 16, 2010

Giving this another shot

When I was pregnant with Mia, I started a blog for a few reasons. I thought it would be fun to have a place where everything was recorded, so I could look back and say "remember when..." It also seemed like a great way to keep family and friends up to date.

Well, that only works if you actually write the blog. :) I did pretty well when pregnant, but when Mia came, I just never got around to it. And no, it was not because of lack of time, surprisingly. I'd sit down often and start writing, but I could never hit publish. Publishing what I wrote made it so final and confirmed that Mia is indeed getting bigger and becoming her own person.

Now I have a 16 month old with a personality the size of Texas. She can light up a room and loves an audience. She talks like crazy (we understand half of it) and has learned to blame everything on Jakey, our dog and her partner in crime. Part of the time I want to tear my hair out and the rest of the time, I'm thanking my lucky stars for this little hurricane on two legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment