Saturday, February 12, 2011

Bad, bad blogger

I'm so glad I came back here in April with the declaration that I'd be a good blogger. I did have every intention of keeping it up...and then I got pregnant. For me, the first half of pregnancy means being sick and miserable. This time, I had an 18 month old to care for at the same time, so my all my energy went there.

Well, now I'm 40 weeks 4 days pregnant and ready to write again. We are anxiously awaiting our new baby girl, who apparently is a stubborn one. I've had three due dates (2/1, 2/5, and 2/8) and we have now surpassed all of them. I'm trying to keep it light and funny and pretend it's not bothering me, but truth is that I'm done and ready for her to get here. So is Mia - she likes to tap my belly and say "baby come out NOW?" I wish, sweetheart.

Even though I am so excited to meet this little one, I'm also sad to see the end of Mia being an only child. After having contractions for 6 hours last night and being convinced this was it, I stood by her crib and cried. We've got a pretty good thing going, my little bug and me, and I know it'll be hard for her to share Mommy and Daddy. But at the same time, I watch her take care of her babies and see how much love she has and I know it'll all be just fine. I can't imagine life without my sisters and can't wait to see my two girls grow up together.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Glad you are back to blogging and I hope hope hope that little girl arrives soon. I know that Mia is going to be the best big sister and you are so perfect for the mom of 2 girls!

    ReplyDelete